Coconut and cashew chickpeas with a subtle caribbean spice. Eat on its own as a salad or use as a sandwich filler.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, toasted
- 1/3 cup cashews, toasted
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- ¼ cup spring onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3–4 tablespoons natural soy yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 teaspoons caribbean curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Toast cashews and coconut over low heat, until golden and fragrant.
Place chickpeas in a medium bowl add the curry powder, salt and pepper and combine. Add celery, apple, onion, coriander and zest.
Mix in the yoghurt, maple and vinegar, until well combined. Toss in the toasted coconut and cashews. Mix.
Taste, and add more salt and pepper if needed.